- S'wash Ya Wart - DJ Lance Lockarm Nothing useful to say other than this is really good- click through to download it (it's the beastie boys + MBV mix)
- Sunshinin' - Vines Catchy throwaway guitar popish song, but I like the first 30 seconds or so. I'm jittery from too much coffee and not enough breakfast, so it's a good song to tap my fingers to.This blows away all the other songs on Highly Evolved; for a bit less than 3 minutes they create an entirely enjoyable song.
- There's No Other Way - Blur This one gets interesting at about 0:28. I like the quiet way that Damon sang in the verses.
- California Stars - Wilco
- Setting Sun - Chemical Brothers Makes trying to prop my eyes open & concentrate a little easier.
- NYC - Interpol
- I Want It That Way - Backstreet Boys
- Hot in Herre - Nelly The song that worked its way into my August- watching a guy singing this waaaay out of tune, walking down the street with it turned up loud in his headphones; playing in every record store I went into all month
- How the Stars Got Crossed - Radio 4 Another grower. First few times I heard it, I thought it was kind of non-descript... then a few times of having it come up in my iTunes on shuffleplay- mixed in with other songs not nearly as sparkly- I decided that it's actually quite good. The way the guitar kinds of fades the notes out, the singing, the dancey bit at 2:20ish with no singing...
- Killer Cars - Radiohead sounds like Radiohead doing alt-country on first listen
- There's too much Love -Belle & Sebastian Belle & Sebastian do a love song, with strings in the background and a pretty melody. Hohum if you're not a B&S fan; personally I adore it.
- Good Times Roll - Rjd2 - I thought I'd writtens something about this, but I can't find it. Well, so here's a boring something about it: it's a good song.
- Only the Fakes Survive - Sahara Hotnights Are you tired of being so polite?
Sunday, September 22, 2002
Sunday 9 AM Work Mix:
Posted by wendy at 12:13 PM